Saturday, November 8, 2008

tangent one: welcome to my second blog.


Hello.
I have chosen to start blogging again. My inspiration to do so arose from reading Chadrea and The Rices...and also because of something Dan Balser told all of us Creative Circus "first quarters" at orientation about a month ago. To clarify, being a first quarter at The Creative Circus is the equivalent to being a high school freshman. And no, I do not get to tame lions or play on a trapeze at school, but you're really original and funny for thinking so. Anyway, Balser encouraged us to have some sort of creative "tangent" outside of school (hence the oh-so-clever name of this blog...I know, I know, my wit astounds me too). I figured I'd give blogging another try because even though I didn't post a lot this summer, I really enjoyed it when I did. This blog, however, will differ from The Au Pair Diaries. Aside from the obvious fact that I'm not in Italy anymore, I will not be posting exclusively about my day-to-day life because let's face it, I'm not that interesting right now. I'm also not married, which is one of the aspects I like most about Chadrea and The Rices. So that topic's out too. I have a dog, but she smells like feet and doesn't do cute things anymore so I suppose that subject has been vetoed from the list as of now. Okay, so what exactly will I be imparting my infinite wisdom about? Well, I've decided to go along with the whole "tangent" theme and write about some new random thing every day...okay, maybe not every day but at least with every new post. This probably isn't the most unique idea, and I bet you'll be a little apprehensive to visit this blog tomorrow because you're probably thinking, "Yeah, that doesn't sound funny. I don't really get it." I see where you're coming from. I'm not promising success out of this, I'm just giving it a try. If it does turn out to be lame and un-funny, then I'll shut it down and admit defeat. I would like your input about the subjects you'd like to read about. And please feel free to put anything on the table. For example, if you'd like to read my thoughts on Ian Ziering (Steve from old-school 90210 for all of you pop-culture-deficient morons out there) then shoot me a comment and I'll see what I can do. I just want to keep you entertained and satisfied. (Raise your hand if "That's what she said" just ran through your head.) By the way, my thoughts about Ian Ziering are as follows: I always had a big crush on Dylan, but Steve is who I would have ended up dating. Dylan was way out of my league...still is way out of my league. Steve probably is too, but if we're playing the dating game within the parameters of West Beverly High then I conclude that Steve and I would have had a promising future of 3 weeks of dating before he dumped me due to his never-ending love for Kelly Taylor. That bitch. Okay, before I get heated about this impossible hypothetical I'm going to stop. I have to go get ready for a middle school themed party. I haven't picked out my outfit yet; however, I'm debating between my Marist uniform, an Abercrombie-clad outfit accompanied by either Timberlands (the hiking boot kind) or Birkenstock clogs, or Express black pants, a three-quarter length bright pink Michael Stars shirt, and Steve Madden chunky loafers. It shouldn't take me too long to get ready once I choose my outfit. Straighteners and properly-applied make-up weren't big issues back then. Man, I was so hot. I'm hoping to have plenty of pictures. I'm also hoping a cute boy doused in Tommy cologne asks me to dance...especially if Keith Sweat comes on. I'm getting nervous already. Okay, until next time...

Peace. Love. Peach Pit.

3 comments:

Aaron and Kelly said...

Oh my I miss you so much. I love it. I wore Tommy Girl and always made my boyfriends wear Tommy! I also wore Doc Martins, overalls, colored socks, and leopard pants.

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your humor with me. I could never get enough.

Chase and Adrea Maxwell said...

I think your middle school party is going to be exactly like my 6th grade homecoming dance. I wore Express black pants with a sparkly shirt and chunky Steve Maddens. My ex-boyfriend (who had just moved to Ocean Springs, but came to Vancleave's Homecoming because I was on Homecoming Court) was wearing Tommy. I swear I don't think I ever washed that shirt. The scent of Tommy stay on clothing for quite some time.

Chase and Adrea Maxwell said...

and I meant "stays", not stay. Minus 2 grammar points for Adrea.