Friday, November 14, 2008

tangent six: quack.

Friday. Thank God.
Not that I ever do too much on Fridays except listen to speakers who gallivant throughout the ad industry, but I'm sure those of you sitting in your cubicle share my sentiments about the TGIF greeting. Still, I guess I should've specified..."Friday. Thank God. Mainly for your sake." I am going to my first Thrashers game tonight. In case you didn't know, The Thrashers is Atlanta's hockey team (should that sentence read, "The Thrashers are Atlanta's hockey team"?...I'm grammatically confused). I've only been to one other hockey game, but that was five years ago during my brief stint as a University of Kentucky student. From what I can remember I had a lot of fun. I don't know too much about hockey but what I do know is that the game is divided into 3 periods, a player can perform something called a "hat trick", and that players are sometimes confined in a penalty box for acting like unruly savages on the ice. Much of this knowledge was acquired by watching a popular film trilogy that, in my personal opinion, goes down as one of the best and most successful cinematic triads ever made. Not just within the '90s...I mean ever. Home Alone had the potential to make it into that category; however, due to Macaulay Culkin's choice to emancipate himself from his parents, he grew up a little too fast and some other kid was cast as the main character. He was not even a third as funny or adorable as Kevin McCallister. I'll save my thoughts on Home Alone for another day because it is one of my favorite movies and deserves a tangent entirely to itself. The trilogy I was speaking of prior to the sidetrack was, of course, The Mighty Ducks. It's very fitting that Emilio Estevez sporadically made it into yesterday's tangent. I didn't plan that, I promise. (If only I were that strategic and clever.) I can't make this tangent too long because I'm scheduled to meet Michele and Mark at 6 o'clock, and I haven't even showered yet. I'm always late, but I've decided that I'm going to try and wean myself off of that habit. It's not a very good one to get into. I'd also like to stop biting my nails, but I doubt you care to hear about anymore of that. While I'm confident that I could spend the rest of my night writing about the amazingness of these movies, I also know that I am unable to do that right now and need to stick to one interesting and humorous Ducks aspect so that I get out of here as quickly as possible. This might be taking the easy way out, in terms of ingenuity, but I seriously have to go bathe and primp. So, I am including a clip from D2. It's one of my favorite parts but after watching this again, I have one very important question: Why didn't anyone tell me Michael Phelps was in this movie?


Peace. Love. I Heart Adam Banks.

No comments: