Monday, March 23, 2009

tangent seventeen: cop-out.

Happy Monday. 
I had every intention of coming up with a new and fantastic tangent today, but instead I didn't. A little while ago I was invited to go to the Hawks game, so I'm going to steal one of those lame lists from facebook, copy it onto here, and call it a day. Unoriginal? Perhaps. But I'm not about to pass up a fun night to stay home and blog. I'd like to keep a few cool points in the bank. Anyway, the list you see below is one of those "25 Things About Me" copy-and-paste notes that take up too much time to fill out and aren't all that interesting to anyone else other than the vain person filling out said list. Regardless, here is mine. It was originally posted on facebook in February. Enjoy delving into my narcissism. And if you've already seen it, well...sucks for you.

Confirmation That I Need a Life:
  1. I'd gladly let a hippo eat me just for a chance to hug one.
  2. At the first sign of a tornado (warning, watch, severe thunderstorm possibly producing a funnel cloud) I'm in the basement or a bathtub. Greatest fear.
  3. I watch Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, and Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon. And laugh hard.
  4. My real last name is Langston-Wood.
  5. While I respect her courageous fashion choices, I think Carrie Bradshaw is one of the most selfish fictional characters ever to grace my television set...Meredith Grey probably beats her, but I stopped watching Grey's Anatomy a long time ago and do not feel the need to analyze its female leading role.
  6. To go along with number 5, I thought the Sex & the City movie blew.
  7. Backstreet Boys. Yes, still.
  8. I want to live in the Greek isles someday.
  9. Most Friday nights I'd rather hang out with my brother at home than go to the bars.
  10. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever received came from Maggie Kelly (my friend Natalie's mom): Don't buy expensive shoes until you get out of college. Bar funk is not partial to brands.
  11. Diet Dr Pepper and cheese dip are necessities in my life.
  12. I'm really good about not calling people back.
  13. I'm scared that when I have kids it will be socially acceptable to propose to someone via text message.
  14. I love text messaging.
  15. I really like 6 Flags, but I hate that my hands smell like wet pennies after spending a day there.
  16. I think energy drinks are disgusting.
  17. My dog smells like she's wet even when she's dry. We keep her outside.
  18. Coffee. Gross. Cigarettes. Grosser.
  19. I fly all the time, but every time the plane takes off I still worry it's going to crash.
  20. Not everybody loves Raymond.
  21. A spoonful of peanut butter is guaranteed to make my day better.
  22. I'm addicted to classic ChapStick.
  23. In the winter you'll find me in Uggs. In the summer, Haviana flip-flops.
  24. I don't miss college.
  25. Right now I'm in class, and I haven't been paying attention. I'm going to have to teach it to myself. Awesome.
You probably figured this out, but #25 is not applicable anymore. I'm sure you caught that though because you're a genius. At any rate, I'm off. Go Hawks.

Peace. Love. Space Jam.

No comments: